News:

A section of Hukuki Net - Turkish Law site in English Language (Ingilizce Hukuk, Ingilizce Kanunlar, mevzuat ve ingilizce hukuk forumu)

Main Menu

Tapu Senedi

Started by Ricky, November 13, 2007, 10:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky

Hi

I am currently purchasing a property in Kas, Turkey (10% deposit paid) and about to sign up to contract (to pay a further 20% interim payment) and I have just noticed that the copy of the Tapu states that it is only has KAT IRTIFAKI status.  Does this meen that owner ship is completed and therefore legal ownership has not been granted.

The above property is an apartment and approximately 10 - 15 years old.  I believe the other residents that rent or own the property are Turkish.  I am purchasing the property for a holiday home and possibly a future home.  With this in mind could you please confirm the potential problem of purchasing a property with only KAT IRTIFAKI status and the difference between this and a Kat Mulkiyeti Tapu please?

Hope someone can offer some advice

Thanks in advance

Lara

Hi
There is no difference with kat mulkiyeti and regular tapu(title) You do not need to worry about it.
If there is an apartment title  this title will be Kat Mulkiyeti. This is so normal.