News:

A section of Hukuki Net - Turkish Law site in English Language (Ingilizce Hukuk, Ingilizce Kanunlar, mevzuat ve ingilizce hukuk forumu)

Main Menu

Non-payment of apartment maintenance

Started by dewatson, November 08, 2009, 07:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewatson

What happens if a person who owns an apartment in an apartment block does not pay their share of the maintenance costs?
The block is managed by some of the owners who have formed a management comittee, does this committee need to be registered somewhere? (All owners have paid with the exception of one.)

yilmazavukatlik

Quote from: dewatson on November 08, 2009, 07:44:05 PM
What happens if a person who owns an apartment in an apartment block does not pay their share of the maintenance costs?
The block is managed by some of the owners who have formed a management comittee, does this committee need to be registered somewhere? (All owners have paid with the exception of one.)
At first, the manegment committee does not need a registration to be formed. It is requested owners meeting and decide to form a management committee.  The committee will need a decision book and accountent book they were approved by nottery.

If a person who does not pay their share of the maintenance, management committee may hire a attorney and apply the execution officee to collect the money.

Regards

Sabahattin Yılmaz (Chief Attorny)

YılmazKale law Office
      Adalet Mahallesi Manas Bulvarı No. 30 Daire:1
      Bayraklı İzmir Turkey

Tel : 090232  4625711 -441 02 41
      Fax:090232    4625719
      Mobile          90 532 277 67 16
      E-mail : yilmazavukatlik@hotmail.com

dewatson

Thank you for answering my query. I would be grateful if you could tell me:-

The person that owes the money lives in England, would his debt be attached to his property as a lein? Can his property then be auctioned to recover the money? Or can a claim be made in the English courts?

dale7steams

If a tax is not paid on time, the owner of the property is sentenced to penalty which is 2, 5 % per month.This is one of the property law.
Make your kitchen look beautiful with Quality kitchen cabinets

Leola

Hi,
It is requested owners meeting and decide, to form a management committee.  The committee will need a decision book, and accountent book they were approved by nottery.
Leola